Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Another blog when I am away from home

Well well well.....been some time since i last written something here but nevertheless, I am actually secretly reading and monitoring all your blogs. I must admit though that i did not catch up with most of the comments on the side as i find it to troublesome and can't be bothered, really, to read them.

Today i happened to read the comments by the side and found out that my joke in an earlier post about the doctor in blue shirt was read by ermmm....his wife or maybe himself!

Wansin and Chong Kiat, take no offence on a personal level! I am not sure if an apology is really warranted because it was indeed really weird to see a doctor wearing a doctor's ID at another doctor's funeral. I can't help but to notice it, and apparently, most of us feel the same way too. More strange is that the ID is just hanging on the neck that looks to me like it can be removed easily within a split of a second. And those letters "KK", they simply stick out so prominently that one can read it at almost 200 metres away....

However, in due respect, I am aware that every tear shed on that incident was real and filled with emotions. All of us feltthe same way that both of you did and I am very sure you are more attached to WQ than most of us are, including myself. So I applaud what you and your hubby has done for WQ.

If you really have noticed, the name tag joke is really a prelude to my underlying puzzling question. If you are still reading our posts, can you shed some light on why medical students like to carry the stethoscope around their neck so much? I really want to find out the reason(s)!!!!Are they too busy to remove it from their necks while on their way to canteen? If so, then why does dental students have the time to remove their masks when they visit the canteen while medical students do not remove the stethoscope on their neck? The most obvious or "trying to be funny" reason is probably the former need to use their mouth to eat but the latter can always make use of utensils instead of the instrument hanging on their neck. It is really frustrating when one cannot attached a credible rationale and explanation behind the actions of the erm...medical students and as such, I had no choice but to temporarily label them as show-offs.

In any case, I started out with the intention to blog on other things but I guess it's getting late now and i will need to get some sleep. Hope to catch up again on Good Friday.

No comments: