Friday, December 1, 2006

Happy Anniversary, Daddy & Mummy

It was my parents' wedding anniversary yesterday... 36 years of union... 3 bundles of joy, of which one came with a 'free gift'... and a home full of love.

I started giving my parents gifts for their wedding anniversary especially after i got married... to celebrate the union that was the cause of our existence and to thank them for their efforts in making us what we are today. But to date, it was just flowers and cute plushies lah... haven't got round sending them off to a romantic dinner/escapade yet coz i guess it will take some coaxing...

Incidentally, I was shoppping for wedding anniversary cards while in NY (Hallmark cards cheaper there lah...) and my friend was shocked that i actually bother to send a card to CM on our wedding anniversary. I told him we send each other cards during those special occasions (birthdays, anniversaries) just to thank each other for tolerating our nonsense, noise (mostly mine) and patience. Cards are just so powerful as a communication tool... coz they say so little yet mean so much. I've collected all the cards we sent each other, so that i can show them to my children and grandchildren when we are old!

Happy Anniversary, daddy & mummy!

No comments: