Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Lao Du's Legacy

Hi guys, this blog was yet another result of Lao Du's legacy (sorry, I always call him Lao Du), of yet another example how he has and still is touching the lives of people around him. With his passing, many of us have come to realise that life is so unpredictable and short, and that perhaps at age 32, is a time to take stock of where we are, where we were, and where we are heading to.

It's a time to re-prioritise our lives and think who we wish to see attend our very own funerals. (Pardon my language)

I come with this idea mainly for selfish reasons:I am always unavailable for gatherings (if I'm invited) because I'm always the one working on weekends. That makes my weekends even more precious. I rue the fact that I have lost touch with so many of you. So perhaps from today onwards, I encourage you guys to post your thoughts on issues, happenings around you, your families...i.e. basically things which you wish to sharewith all of us. You can post video clips of your baby's birthday parties, pictures of your last BBQ dinner, or simply a mindless ranting after a long day's work (after which you will be closely monitored by the moderator).

So now, I start the ball rolling here. To tell you the truth, I haven't seen Lao Du for so many years that I couldn't really feel the loss. In my mind, I always have the picture of him sitting at a desk next to a patient, or coordinating plastic surgery for clients, or giving media interviews. That's my memory of him. I think it still is. I'm sure he's still doing it somewhere.

I'm actually new to the blogosphere, so I don't know if you guys can post your thoughts just like that. Awaiting feedback and assistance from the more saavy ones.....

No comments: