Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Life is beautiful :D

To all my dear friends,

Thank you for putting up this wonderful blog site for all of us to keep in touch. Well, yes, things might die down after a while, but I'm sure this will be our common platform from now on! :)

Of course I have also been thinking over the past week since the news of WK’s passing landed shockingly into my handphone inbox 2 Fridays ago while I was still pondering the
nitty gritty as in “When do I have the time to pack up my stuff before my trip to KL over the weekends?" Things changed right after that SMS from Xian Ming who first got news from his friend. I couldn’t believe it too. I didn’t think much or WHY, I just didn’t believe
it...same as many of us when we got the news.

Yes, all of us must have had all the memories welled up especially last Wed when we
accompany WK’s journey into his next life. Memories are good. Memories are one of the rare gems in us that last as long as you wished it to, like diamonds...it is the only constancy in life. Keep it well friends! I am still trying to improve my memories all these while. I found out that the good way is to condition your mind tell yourself, wherever you are in, esp with people you cared for, always tell yourself to treasure that
moment!! You’ll then never forget it!

I must also admit that over all these years...like some...I didn’t know much of what has
developed in WK’s life...I remember fondly of his unique way of smiling, telling joke and acting funnily...his creativity in art and drawing comics, his stinge on himself but never stinge on others...and also his very unique way of gelling his hair! :D

Like Yilin and Ying jie, I only began to know what he had done to his people around him and his community when I read the WB papers. The hundreds of life he’s touched
and moved by his practice. That is a real measure of success in life! We’re all very proud of him indeed.

I can understand how Yingjie and Qiwei feels especially they’ve just met up with him just a few days ago. The feeling of loss is just so terrible. Even for some of us, who didn’t have frequent contact with WK, the past memories and the loss of a fren of 14 years is too much to bear...especially when I lifted him on my shoulder last Wed. I felt terribly sad when I walked through that short journey before we reached the funeral car. I felt very sad to have to carry my fren this way...but I also felt honoured to be able to
accompany him in his last journey. What a conflict!

However we do not mourn his passing for long for WK’s coming into our lives and leaving us after 16 years, has a meaning. It touched us in a sense. We’re a group of frens
who’ve come a long way since 1991. Though we might just get-together and only some turn-up once a while, it is becos many of us have to grapple with family, kids, work, career, financial issues, time schedule, other frens etc....

We do not have to feel bad or regret at all. So long as, we now know we’re still together as one group of frens available for each other. So long as we now know what is really important. Even if you can Retire-Before-You-Are-45 or achieve amazing feats in
life, we will congratulate each other and then do our utmost for our frens and loved
ones whenever they need us. WK’s departure has already this meaning to our lives from now on...this made us think and turn-around and treasure our loved ones and frens even more. This rallied us together once again, not like in the 18th SC days but at least we now have
a blog spot to share our thots!

On Wed, I had wanted to hug some of you who are still around after the funeral (QW, YJ, PS, GH, ...) and just say to you that “I appreciate and treasure you as my fren. Thank you for the wonderful frenship!” I started with Qiwei successfully...when it comes to Yingjie...I didn’t even managed to say out properly as I was too overwhelmed. Sorry. Sign... I guess I seldom expressed my self this way and I missed the chance. Few days ago, out of a sudden, I also hugged Ping Ping and told her that I treasured her and I will always loved her. Sort of like a renewal of vow again. That’s the impact of WK on me since then...it is not too late to start doing so from now on, and to always constantly remind ourselves not to take people around us for granted. Appreciating those around
us...esp our loved ones...in small little thotful ways! :)

Ooopss! I’ve written way tooo much. Going to be late for my meetings!! :P See? All
these mundane things crept up again... But have faith my friends, let us stay together forever. From my heart, I will always hold you bunch of great frens in my heart wherever I go. Find ways to do more for people around you as you continue your career and
plans in life. Everyone of us has a meaning in life. So make the fullest out of it!

Life is not death. Life is hope and faith. WK’s passing...GC’s gal’s arrival. One conclusion and the other a brand new beginning to this wonderful world! This is Life! Ha! “Always look on the brighter side of life....” What a beautiful song for us...!

YeeK

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi yeek, don't log in using the id i gave you. use your own google id. if not your post will always be under kc_wong. if people didn't read the "yeek", they will think how come i am so sentimental.

eiklin said...

before this i would have believed that KC would hug other guys, not Yeek.

seems like both had spoken and it is the other way round now.